[OM] Re: Taking the sp350 for a spin

Subject: [OM] Re: Taking the sp350 for a spin
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 10:25:25 -0800
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
Good morning (here) Brian,

That shadow is of my five legged tripod ... me hunched over a 3-legged
tripod :).

Foss? Is that one of those Kiwi-isms? With so many versions of English
on the list I can't be sure if you bumped the 's' key by mistake or not.
To clarify, that is a fox warming himself in the first sunlight. Wish I
had had a longer lens.

I wouldn't call my wife a Zuikoholic but I did give her a OMPC w/ 35~70
3.5-4.5 a while ago and the SP350 is her's too. Now I have to get her to
use them more as I think she has a good eye.

And yes my file sizes have been creeping up since DSL, such as it is,
finally became available out here. If it is a problem for anyone let me
know as it wasn't so long ago that I had to endure the glacial
downloads. In any event I will warn if over 200kb such as the following
pano taken on our recent trip over to Orcas. This view includes many of
the islands between here and Vancouver Island including Saltspring and
other Gulf Islands. Autostitch seems to be a feasible way to get around
the limited wide capability of the sp350 and most other p&s's. I do
notice a slight softening but perhaps that is more a result of camera
shake and parallax error. Corrected with a tripod. Also there is some
weird color visible in the sky. I'm not sure if that would show up if I
did a full res stitch. This new computer seems to take whatever I throw
at it without balking. I'll have to try printing one of these stitches
to see how that works.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/Turtleback/panoB.jpg>
uncropped, 400kb

Mike