[OM] Re: Flash Sync Speed

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash Sync Speed
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 13:51:06 -0800
1/320 sec is about 3msec. I don't remember the numbers but I believe
most flash durations are significantly shorter. So you've got a flash
that starts early enough and ends early enough to synch. I don't know
how much variability there is between shutter open and flash firing.
It's probably mostly a function of the camera. thhere also has to be
some time for the main flash to fire the strobes with a multi-flash
setup.
-jeff