[OM] Re: OT: The Kodachrome Project

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: The Kodachrome Project
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:04:06 -0800 (PST)
> If it's a true story or an urban legend I don't
> know, but it does illustrate the extremes of usage out there.

I would have thought that it would have been an urban legend except
I've seen too many cameras and film backs with grooves worn in the
film path from wear.  I visited a Hassy service shop one time where
the tech showed me a couple of cameras that were "worn out".  When I
say "worn out", I mean that there were grooves as deep as 1/8".
Anything that contacted the film was shot.  He showed me a pressure
plate from a Nikon F that had a hole in it.  The Hassy's mechanicals
were worn down and things like the mirror had huge amounts of slop.

Come to think of it, the Mamiya press camera I had was like that.
The film path was pretty much shot.

Ag

http://new.mail.yahoo.com