[OM] Re: Intervalometer for OM?

Subject: [OM] Re: Intervalometer for OM?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 20:53:13 -0800
> From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Jan Steinman wrote:
>> If you're handy with electronics, it is fairly simple to build one.
>> An NE555 timer IC and a half-dozen other components should do it.
>> You'll need a Winder or motor drive, of course, and the proper plug.
>
> Well, don't have much experience with electronics, but I'm fairly
> handy in
> general. I would be interested in giving this a try, if someone
> could talk
> me through it.

I'm not up for designing the circuit on the fly at the moment. The
best I could do is direct you to some book like "1001 electronic
circuits" or some such that are always being advertised by book clubs
on the blow-in cards of electronics magazines.

Or you could google for an LED flasher design, which probably can be
easily adapted to energizing a small relay to trip the shutter.

:::: What we watch, we change. Attending mostly to the dramatic, we
neglect the slow. Monitoring flawed gauges such as stock prices,
consumer confidence, and gross domestic product, we organize our
institutions to generate high stock prices, confident consumers, and
the grossest domestic product we can muster. Conversely, because we
do not watch them, we do not get the healthiest lives, the strongest
communities, or the most vibrant ecosystems. -- Cascadia Scorecard
2004, Northwest Environmental Watch ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::