[OM] Bridge Camera

Subject: [OM] Bridge Camera
From: "Phil" <pcks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:50:26 -0000

I am looking for a Bridge Camera for future step daughter who is wanting to
learn about photography. Of course I haven't considered using it myself at
all LOL but a few of the features that I would like for her are:

External Hotshoe, half decent Zoom, high image quality, Raw.

Having researched a little several come to mind !

Sony R1, Panasonic FZ50 and Fuji S9100 (9600)

The Sony lacks the Zoom, the FZ50 appears to suffer from noise, not sure
about the Fuji
Has anyone any experience with this type of Camera, what quality can we
expect, the R1 got a rave review
for image quality, the FZ50 appears to have good IS, they all linger around
the same price R1'a are still available here just.

And no she isn't getting her hands on my E1

Advice appreciated

Phil