[OM] OT Camera for text copying

Subject: [OM] OT Camera for text copying
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:02:47 +1300
Hello all,

Some of you will have seen the photo of my bearded friend from away back
when, that I put online.

He actually spends about $600 a year at libraries photocopying technical /
scientific papers for his research. He is looking for a way to cut this cost,
and has in mind a camera he could use for copying.

He has discovered the Samsung Digimax L85, which  includes text
recognition software and therefore can take a photo of a printed page and
spit out a document in word-processing format.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/L85/L85A.HTM

However, it has never been sold in New Zealand as far as I can tell.

Have any of you encountered another camera with similar abilities?

Thanks, Brian