[OM] Re: Bridge Camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Bridge Camera
From: "Phil" <pcks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 00:35:45 -0000
Thanks for the replies Gents

Agreed, Many of the Digicams would produce great images but lack some of the
features we were looking for.

Decent flash is a requirement, with the option of being able to bounce, use
off Camera etc, this ruled
out a huge number, the G7 would have been great, but no Raw, she didn't want
anything to big, so yes you
are correct about the bridge Cameras and size, 28mm wide end and 150 tele
would be fine, raw, and hotshoe
wouldn't have thought it was to much to ask?? Hell I can get her an E1 still
here for less than £400

The R1 is still available over here from a few suppliers, (£400) the
attraction was tilt LCD, hot shoe, image quality is very
good from what I have seen, certainly a match for most low end DSLR's with
kit Lenses, with its larger APS sized sensor etc

The FZ50 can be picked up for £350 ish, good lens, poor high ISO, huge tele,
nice features

I guess the D40 as suggested would be a good start, but she did like the
tilt/swivel LCD's although
novelty would probably wear off

Like you I feel that something between the F30/SP350 would be useful, for me
though it would need to be very portable,
something that fits into a jacket pocket, I do like a hotshoe though in case
off camera flash is needed.

Hell wish I would have kept my old G1 for her

Phil