[OM] Re: OT canoscan 4000

Subject: [OM] Re: OT canoscan 4000
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 06:07:35 +0000
Brian

I have had several film scanners, Min*lta Scan Dual, Scan Elite
2700,  Can*n FS4000 and Scan Elite 5400; none has exhibited streaks
or lines.  There is something wrong with a scanner that produces a
regular feature like that.  If I were you I should avoid a scanner
that produces lines.

You might wish to consider the earlier Scan Elite 5400 as they will
be cheaper than the Mk II.

Good luck with your purchase.

Chris
~~ >-)-