[OM] Re: OM-4T lazy wind-on lever

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4T lazy wind-on lever
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:51:39 -0800 (PST)
Joel Wilcox wrote:
> Not impressed.  I've actually seen how much time you spend on the
> floor.

Oooo, ouch.  I'll make you push both canoes next time.  ;)

> Afraid I might come looking for that 35 shift?

Yeah.  But unfortunately, it's been staying warm and toasty these
days in the camera bag.  I haven't been shooting much optional stuff
either DC or DCC lately.

Not to change the subject, but I've noticed something strange about
that 35/shift.  The 35/shift isn't generally recognized as one of the
sharper knives in the Zuiko Drawer, but this particular sample will
easily exceed the capabilities of the AA filter.  My OM shots that
I've scanned are almost always among the sharpest images I've ever
taken--with any lens.  I know the history of the lens quite well--the
original owner ordered it, but since it was hand-assembled by the
same person who did the specialty lenses like the 350/2.8, it was
well over six months before it was delivered.  By that time it
arrived, the photographer lay dying in hospital from cancer.  He took
the lens out of the box, mounted it on the camera, looked through the
lens, put a skylight filter on it, put it back in the box.  The store
I worked for handled the estate sale of the photography equipment and
I managed to get the lens for a decent price. (most expensive lens I
ever bought).  You've been the only other person to have used the
lens.

Yeah, once I'm rich and famous, I'll gladly buy the lens back from
you.  Other than horrendous flare, it's my second most favorite lens
of all times.

AG

Be a PS3 game guru.