[OM] Re: OLYMPUS A MACRO H.O. CONVERTER?

Subject: [OM] Re: OLYMPUS A MACRO H.O. CONVERTER?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:32:29 -0800
Piers Hemy wrote:
> It's a typo.
>
> Try iS/L Lens A-Macro H.Q. Converter f=40cm for the iS/L series:
>
> http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/esif/om-sif/is-series/is-series.htm#iS/L_Macro_Converters
>
> <http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/%7Erwesson/esif/om-sif/is-series/is-series.htm#iS/L_Macro_Converters>
>

> But would likely work with any 49mm filter fitting on (eg) a 50mm lens

Indeed it does work on any lens with a 49mm thread. Two element
converters like this are far less common but optically superior to the
usual single element close-up lenses (now often, and incorrectly, called
close-up filters on ePay.) Oly only made the single element "Close-up
Lenses 49mm f=40cm / 55mm f=40cm" for OM, but went with the more
sophisticated two element designs for the multi element zooms of the IS
Series and they may be used with OM and any other lenses which they fit.

Most C-U lenses are marked in diopters, +1, +3, etc. Oly had to go
another way, of course, making theirs with a 40 cm focal length, with is
+2.5 diopter.

There are still a few sources for two element designs from folks like N
and C in other filter sizes. I also have an N in 62 mm that fits one of
my EF mount lenses and the Tamron 35-80/2.8-3.8 - but always seem to
have forgotten it when I need it. :-(

Moose