[OM] Re: New Camera Maker

Subject: [OM] Re: New Camera Maker
From: "Richard Lovison" <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:07:41 -0500
On 2/13/07, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> General Electric has decided to make cameras under a subsidiary
> called General Imaging in Torrance, CA.  They have hired some
> interesting people, former president of Olympus, former global sales
> head of Arcsoft and North American sales for Samsung and Ricoh, and
> the designer of the Sony Walkman, Sony Vaio, and Olympus Stylus cameras.

California isn't far enough away from Massachusetts for GE to conduct
operations in my opinion.  A GE facility left the town of Pittsfield, MA
(about 25 miles from us) as well as parts of the Housatonic River in a
horrible state due to PCB contamination.  They gave new meaning to the
phrase "we bring good things to life".

Richard L