[OM] Re: OT picture: fly

Subject: [OM] Re: OT picture: fly
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:39:14 +1100
> Johann Thorsson wrote:
> I love the colors in this one. I have a similar, albeit not
> as good of course.
> http://www.thufa.net/gallery/picture.php?/169/category/9

I won't make that comparison, but I will say that I do quite
like this photo. I like vibrant nature shots, but every
so often I see a shot that I like without that brashness.
Somewhere around here I've got a shot of an Indian Myna
that is low in contrast due to beachside air and a setting
sun, and, while I can "fix" some of this, and it does change
the shot in an acceptable way, I still prefer the unfixed
shot (but perhaps my memory of the place and time gets in
the way of objective subjectivity :-) ).

Anyway, the point is, this is one of those shots that is not
"saturated", and yet I like it...maybe even prefer it that
way.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz