[OM] Re: Olympus Telephoto Shoot-Out!

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Telephoto Shoot-Out!
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:31:10 -0800
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Having done some shots of Red Tails nesting across the street, I
> became
> aware of considerable motion of the tree itself which limited how
> sharp
> an image I could get... Shots taken with
> the same lens at the same time would have varying degrees of
> sharpness.
>
> Might this have been a factor in your shots?

Certainly. John Hudson, who posted my macro comparisons () as well as
a number of OM/4/3rds tests, mentioned the same thing.

I did do multiple shots in each configuration, and selected the best
one to post. But they were pretty consistent within the group. Also,
the shutter speed was generally above 1/120th, which considering the
lens itself was anchored pretty well, should have covered most
subject motion, which isn't any worse at 1000mm than the same
reproduction ratio subject would be at 18mm.

(The EXIF data is posted in the detail shots, so you can see the
shutter speed if you like.)

>> :::: Some call it vision; some call it temporal lobe epilepsy. ::::
>>
> What do you think? :-)

It doesn't matter. Perception *IS* reality. :-)

:::: You know you have reached perfection of design not when you have
nothing more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away. --
Antoine de'Exupery
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>