[OM] Re: Shill bid on Zuiko 8mm?

Subject: [OM] Re: Shill bid on Zuiko 8mm?
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:08:09 -0800
Johann,

There is a report this item link at the bottom of every item page. This
takes you to a page that offer a series of options that you can report the
item for. Following selection of the report subject the page carries the
item number automatically through to that report. There is an option in this
reporting framework to report the item as possibly involved in shill bidding
but it does not reveal the bidders identity to allow further confirmation.

It is still possible to report individual id's from specific offenses but
the investigational tools that existed prior to the SMI policy being
introduced are no longer available (these tools were in fact just general
search tools and not specific tools for the general public to investigate
problems). This whole thing is a side effect of a cure for another problem
(fraud attempts involving second chance offers). I imagine that eBay will
eventually be pushed to address shill bidding but it will be harder for the
general public to expose when it happens.

Dan S.