[OM] Re: E-1 and OM4T photos

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 and OM4T photos
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:42:07 +1300
Hi all,

My E-1 has just the DZ 14-45 lens, and I have done none of the firmware
upgrades ( now to version 4) for the E-1 which include sharper image creation
within camera. Now that I have access to my son's computer with XP, I hope
to do the upgrades - if I can figure out how !!

The dahlia photo doesn't look ultrasharp close-up, but at arm's length it is
just fine, With upgrades, and maybe with (some day) the DZ 50/2, things
might be different.

The huge advantage that digital has over film, for macro, as I see it, is the
great depth of field that is possible with digital, should you want it.

I can still get clearly sharper images at non-macro lengths with my OM4T
and Zuiko 35~105, and have 12x18 inch prints to back up this claim. Well,
one anyway. See (270 kb)
http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/solstice/2003/brian2.htm

I forgot to make images of that flower with the Zuiko 50/3.5 on the E-1 for
comparison.  Too late now; the light has gone and the flower has wilted.

Brian

Ag wrote