[OM] Re: texas, was Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this Lis

Subject: [OM] Re: texas, was Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:58:41 -0600
On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 10:42:19AM -0800, AG Schnozz wrote:
> > speed limit during the day! Was very tempted to see if the top end
> > of my car was at 128, 130 or 144 and how smooth the ECU would hold
> > that limit. Prolly 128. Will never know.
> My Audi has a cutoff about 130mph too.  The USA version has it
> because they didn't deliver with the ultra-highspeed tires.  If you
> put the racing tires on the car, you can easily override that limit.

I wonder what Lexus was thinking when they equipped my new RX350 with
V-rated tires (good to 149 MPH)...I don't know where its top end is, but I
broke 100 easily while passing a semi on the highway.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC                    http://www.conmicro.cx
http://jmaynard.livejournal.com      http://www.tronguy.net