[OM] Re: Broken Turbo [Was: The BIG Storm is coming!!]

Subject: [OM] Re: Broken Turbo [Was: The BIG Storm is coming!!]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:25:20 -0800
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
> From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>>> From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
>>> Subject: [OM] Re: The BIG Storm is coming!!
>>>
>>> Just got the new Turbo... Still trying to figure out what to do
>>> with the dead one.
>>
>> Sorry I missed that discussion; what's wrong with it?
>>
>> Several of us are EEs or electronics tinkers. Unless it's been
>> stepped on by an elephant or something, I'll pay for shipping.
>
> Let me think about it. I don't need two, and the big one, with the
> lead battery, looks more better. You've got dibs if I decide to
> part with it.

Thanks, Walt. I don't want you to think I'm trying to take advantage.
If I fix it and sell it within six months, I'll send you half of what
I get -- how does that sound? And/or you can have it back for a
reasonable repair bill. Without an F-40 or T-32 cable, it may be a
while before I can dive into it...

:::: Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum
tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000
vacuum tubes and weigh only 1 1/2 tons. -- Popular Mechanics, March 1949
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99AP35>