[OM] Re: Rumour has it...

Subject: [OM] Re: Rumour has it...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:35:19 -0500
Holy smokes!  It's more than rumor.  Here 'tis
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=61441&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>
Yeah, I couldn't believe they had discontinued such a solid performer
and veritable gold mine.  No development expense for how many years?
Just pump 'em out the end of some low cost manufacturing line.  Lots of
pros continue to use manual flash or find that flash auto mode works
just as well (and sometimes better) than what passes for TTL these days.
  Digitals can't do the off-the-film routine from the sensor and the 285
does a nice job both manual and auto.

I'm going to send an email to a friend who was a devoted 285 user and
has been crying ever since her last one bit the dust and she couldn't
find a replacement.

Chuck Norcutt