[OM] Re: Not exactly sure what it is (my german isn't very good) and it

Subject: [OM] Re: Not exactly sure what it is (my german isn't very good) and it looks interesting
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 07:49:02 -0800
Thanks Moose. That link pointed to some interesting tid-bits. The Hama
is mentioned to be similar to the Spiratone SST. There are also a
couple references to an Olympus tilt/shift bellows  ... was the
Olympus mentioned on the list as being a prototype/early model that
saw very limited production?

The quote below includes an owner of the SST saying "it's not that great".

-jeff

from http://oomz.net/mf/viewtopic.php?id=3495

Seele wrote:
helios wrote:

Seele , I remember that 40 years ago , I saw by a photo retailer in
germany a macro-bellows from WEP Anker, in exakta mount,  with tilt
and shift abilities. I'd never see anywhere this bellow,. I wonder if
today somebody does own this very interesting accessory, which is
probably usable at infinity with 80,90mm lens heads or enlarging
lenses. I didn't find any trace of this on the net.

There have been several bellows units allowing for movements; the
Contax-Yashica was one, and perhaps the Olympus as well. If memory
serves Spiratone offered one in the 70s.

The ultimate would of course be the Kennedy KI Monobar, the only
full-feature monorail camera ever built for 35mm format. One turned up
on the market here in Australia, a full kit priced at A$3000 which is
not unreasonable for a rarity like that.

I have the Spiratone Bellows Master SST - perfectly willing to sell
it, too.  It's not that great, but it costs a lot.

You can also use a LF camera with a reducing back to a T2 or M42 tube
- then mount your 35mm on that and use LF lenses and all the movements
that the LF camera in question might possess.  Biggest problem might
be infinity focus with the stock lens - fully collapsed bellows would
still leave some room from the front to the rear of your attached 35mm
camera.  But lots of lenses out there, so lots of ways to go.  I've
seen a simple 4x5 slide-in back that was designed to fit into a
standard graflok back and it merely had a T2 tube in the middle of it.
 That should work on any 4x5 universal back camera and give movements
galore.