[OM] Re: ZD 14-54mm questions

Subject: [OM] Re: ZD 14-54mm questions
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:49:58 -0500
 >AG Schnozz wrote:
 >>Richard Lovison wrote:
>> this lens when I bought the E-1.  Just noticed... when using manual
>> focus I am able to focus past infinity at all focal lengths.   Is
>> this normal?
>
> Yes.  It goes farther than any other lens I've ever used.

I re-read my original post (I've been going through some of the old OM
list posts I've saved) and realized that I asked a rather dumb question
or at least I did a poor job of explaining my observation. What I
originally observed was that if I focused on an object (tree line in
this example) that was approximately 3/4 of a mile away, turning the
focus ring on the 14-54mm all the way to the left at 54mm produced an
out of focus image... I had to turn the manual focus ring to the right a
bit to compensate.  I thought this unusual as I figured a distance of
3/4 of a mile would qualify as "infinity" on the lens distance scale.
Oh well, I need to be a bit more precise with my explanations.

Richard L