[OM] Re: texas, was Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this Lis

Subject: [OM] Re: texas, was Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 03:10:07 -0800
Moose wrote:
> Paul Laughlin wrote:
>> Ain't nothin' like a Texas Blue Norther.  Saw it drop 70 degrees in 20
>> minutes in Fort Worth once. ( Stationed at Carswell AFB for 5 years)  We had
>> 1/2 inch of ice on the cars.

> Doesn't do anything like that here. I'll stay, thanks.
>
> Fun flying into Dallas one winter. The woman next to me looks down as we
> bank to turn on approach and asks why there is all that sand everywhere.
> Calif. girl, I guess, thought grass stayed green all year. Here, it's
> the reverse unless you water, green in the winter, brown in the summer.
>
> Moose

Hey! <g>
I moved from Northern Ohio to California in '58. July.
Drove in thru Northern CA, and was appalled at all the "dead grass."
Sometime later I found out that was the source for "Golden Hills of..."
advertising hokum...
Now living in Southern California, we have pretty much the same thing
you describe, brown grass in Winter, green in Summer, *if* you water it.
Out here, so-called 'drought resistant' plants die in the Summer, unless
you water them...

keith whaley