[OM] Re: New Person to the group

Subject: [OM] Re: New Person to the group
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:31:31 -0800
Allen Coltrin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope this goes through. I'm just new to photography and DSLR's
> specifically. I currently have both an Olympus E-330 and E-500. Ali referred
> me to this list as I constantly have questions and am always looking for the
> right lenses or equipment, etc. to fit in with my goals.
>
> Now watch, this won't go through. Tell me if you get this. It went through
> hotmail <shiver>

Welcome!

This list started out, many moons ago, focused primarily on Olympus OM
film SLRs, and secondarily on other Olympus cameras.

With the answering many times over of close to all questions on those
subjects and with the advent of digital photography, Oly digicams and
DLSRs are all in the fold. Other brands of DSLRs aret officially OT,
(off topic), but many old members have moved in other directions while
retaining their OM roots as well. Most numerous are those, like me,
stillusing OMs while also using their OM mount lenses on Canyon DSLRs
with adapters and using the OT bodies with AF lenses. Mix and match.

A great deal of traffic some days ends up being only loosely related
even to photography, let alone Oly, as old friends chatter. However, ask
questions about anything Oly and you will tend to get more and better
answers than anywhere else. The breadth and depth of Oly knowledge here
is amazing. Not everybody here is an old member, nor even an old codger.
A recent informal survey showed physical ages from 25 to 78, with a
median of 50.

Mental and emotional ages vary more widely than that, I think, with a
lower median. :-)

Hope you have fun here.

Moose