[OM] Re: Iowa Winter Zuikofest

Subject: [OM] Re: Iowa Winter Zuikofest
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 02:01:19 -0800
Scott Peden wrote:
> The 'Golden Eagles" and a couple of other hawks in our neighborhood were
> declared extinct in the 1970's (Mercury in the water) no matter how many
> people said they had seen some, seems they have just been 'reappearing'. It
> is assumed someone is 'illegally' reintroducing them, but we have no Bald
> Eagles here and one or two reports of an Osprey though nothing confirmed.
You certainly should have them showing up. There are both Goldens and
Balds moving closer into the SF Bay Area, and Osprey all along the coast
around here. It just isn't very far as the raptor flies to your neck of
the woods. There's always the chance to see a Condor if you take the
Carmel to Morro Bay route. I've seen one at Esalen, and they are about.
A friend in the area has some good pics of them.

Moose