[OM] Re: Firmware for Canon Printer

Subject: [OM] Re: Firmware for Canon Printer
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 10:58:07 -0800
I guess I won't be able to do an A/B comparison either.  It turns out that the
rev of code I have in my i9900 is already the latest.

What paper were you using?  I have been using Canon but finally got Ilford due
to:  1) AG gave it glowing reviews for color fastness and longevity and 2) Canon
isn't selling 11 x 17 paper.  As for conserving ink, search the archive and
you'll see AG's dissertation on aftermarket ink for the beast.

I believe that ink conservation and 13 x 19 are mutually exclusive.

And how can you have a printer for 6 months and then open it?  I would bet that
most of us are opening our new toys as we rip it out of the arms of the delivery
man.  I can understand reading the manual 6 months after you start playing with
a new toy.

Jay