[OM] New Portra films

Subject: [OM] New Portra films
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:33:13 -0500
Hmmm,
Moose is right.  The Fuji Frontier scanner is sometimes squirrelly at that lab.
 (They just replaced a board) The prints are better by far at low light levels
than Kod UC 400.  I also used a program on the laptop I happen to be using
(Photomax Pro) to crop the image that I don't use often.  The Fuj. Fron. is
also apparently optimized to make prints look nice though needs a higher  than
usual res scan for posting.
Here's one w/o any alterations---I think Marnie took this with the same lens
etc.

The local lab did OK with the new film with their usual handling of C41,
otherwise.

http://gordon9213.zoto.com/galleries/summerfall/detail/0/

Mike

AOL Mail and more.