[OM] Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List

Subject: [OM] Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:48:33 -0800
Scott Peden wrote:
> I've been in Ca so long that I can now find native born Californians, they
> are my kids.

So are mine - and my grandkids.
> I'm in my 50's and there seems to be very few people  have met that are born
> here that are older than myself and I immigrated to here from Western
> Washington State in 1972.

I'd have been native born but for WWII. My dad gave up his draft exempt
job here to enlist in the AAF, due to what mixture of boredom and
patriotism, I don't know. So of course he ended up spending the war in
the only place safer than Antartica, the middle of the US. So I'm not a
native, although I don't remember Illinois.
> It is terribly expensive in Santa Cruz County to live... but..... the
> forests and the scenery.....
Yup!
> I'm sure I'm not in your folks category of photography,
You'll find almost every level of skill demonstrated here. Often by the
same person! :-)
> but here are some pics of my area, the first site has pics from
> my first two years taking pictures and doing flora and fauna inventories on
> 20 miles of trails in Big Basin redwoods State Park, I didn't even know how
> to use a camera program that wasn't fully auto.
>
> www.picturetrail.com/bigbasin
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/55838750@N00/
>
> The second site is almost exclusively the E-500 with kit lens or cheap 500
> mm zooms and 2 x extensions.

I haven't had a chance to go through them all, but have certainly
enjoyed the trip so far.

Moose