[OM] Re: DZ 50-200 for Macro

Subject: [OM] Re: DZ 50-200 for Macro
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 23:18:12 -0600
On 2/18/07, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joel Wilcox wrote:
> > This was shot with the DZ 50-200:
> >
> > http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox/50-200orchid.jpg
> >
> Just lovely!

Thanks for looking.

> > Lens was about 4 feet from the subject.  I didn't note the focal
> > length.  The flowers in the web-sized image are about the same size as
> > real life, possibly slightly larger.  I think it's kind of amazing.
> > What I can't seem to get macro-wise with the DZ 14-54 for lack of
> > working room, I seem to be able to get with the DZ 50-200.
> >
> > I was going to say that the E-330 helps with these kinds of shots, but
> > AGs made me promise to quit crowing about that body.
> >
> Why? First piece of  seriously unique and useful original design
> thinking at Oly since Maitaini retired.
>
> I'm still contemplating one when they drop in price as new models come
> out just for the B macro mode with OM lenses. I can't see getting any
> DiZzy lenses, though, at least until Oly comes out with a serious
> successor to the E-1.
>
> Moose

It was just a little stab at humor -- you know, me saying what I
promised not to say.  (I hate explaining my jokes -- so humiliating.)

Coming from a different direction, I can see myself picking up a FF
body, also  when the prices get a little better.  Maybe one day we
will effectively have met halfway across the great abyss that is
digital. :)  I get dibs on the golden spike.

I feel fortunate to have snapped up my 330 when the price fell <$600.
I see that prices are back up where they were.  I don't really
understand what is going on.  These kinds of things don't usually
happen to me.

Joel W.