[OM] Re: They come staggering back !!

Subject: [OM] Re: They come staggering back !!
From: "Ian B Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:32:32 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Brian, and everyone else

> And also welcome back to his fellow Australian, Ian Manners, after an
> absence of about 2 years, it seems.  Where've you been?

Only been about 6-10 months I think, not 2 years I hope.

The list ended up on an RBL so I was taken off due to bounces,
thought I'd take a break from emails and concentrate on real life ;-)

That was easier than adding the list to the whitelist on my server downstairs.
Maybe not, the wife went to Germany for a few weeks, I got stuck
into the garden, only to watch it all die over the past 2 months
due to the draught conditions here in Melbourne, and generally
sorted out a few other things. A few more funerals, a few more
births, and life goes on.

As I'm not happy with any of my scanned images, thought I'd look
at re photographing negs and some slides, so thought an easier
way would be to buy a digital camera so I could use that with the
slide duplicator (thanks Steve), and start going digital to boot.

Must say, I'm impressed by the E500's battery, I've had the camera
for about a month now and its still going on its first charge !

A lots changed in the the time I was last on the list, but the reference
to SUV's and 'guns' made me feel like nothing had changed :-))

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/