[OM] Re: 110 film

Subject: [OM] Re: 110 film
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:22:51 +0000
The ATO house was directly across the street from the SAE house, which had the
usual two big lion statues in the front yard. Every once in a while, under
cover of darkness, somebody would go paint the lions as a prank. But one day,
at noon, one of the brothers, a football player from North Tonawanda, NY, big
and mean as hell -- loved to fight -- walked across the street with a bucket of
paint and a brush, and to the horror of the 30 or 40 SAE?s inside eating lunch
painted the lions pink. His reputation preceded him, and the door to the SAE
house never opened. They waited a couple of days, then cleaned them off. I
still laugh when I think about it.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx

> In a message dated 2/18/2007 11:56:40 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> hiwayman@xxxxxxx writes:
>
> And it  just occurred to me, maybe I became an Omega (D-5 and, I think,
> E-700) user  because when I was at UT (the real one) my fraternity was  ATO.
>

> Speaking of flame wars.  I spent some time and money at the other UT  in the
> early 60's.  Even was registered for classes for a few semesters and  I won't
> attempt to convince anyone that I was a student.  Oh, I  learned what
> wouldn't
> work, but probably could have done that at any  university.  Took a little
> "reality therapy" provided by Uncle Sam for me  to learn the wisdom of going
> class, reading the text, studying for exams and  doing the assignments.
>
> Oh, the flame wars thing, occurred at Sam Houston State University  after the
> military.  Four of the fraternity houses were in a small  quadrangle, within
> about 70 feet or so from each other.  They were flat  roofed, two story,
> small
> dormitories owned by the University that were used  by the fraternities as
> their houses.  The flat roofs were a perfect place,  from which to launch
> fiery
> projectiles and an occasional round from a  22 at an ATO, Sig Ep or Delt
> crest
> if someone left the front door  open.   Although we were sometimes called the
> Knights of Alcohol,  we certainly didn't have a lock on that behavior.  After
>  I graduated the lads moved off campus and their new digs made the "Animal
> House" look tame.  Some of that era was pretty crazy . . . and that  could
> probably be said for each of us.

--snip--