[OM] DDC Hog Heaven

Subject: [OM] DDC Hog Heaven
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:09:03 -0800 (PST)
Saturday, Joel and I managed to actually fire our OM cameras in
anger.

My OM-2S was loaded with Ilford XP2 and I shot the better half of a
roll.  I regret not shooting more, since I could have dropped the
roll off at Wally-World on the way back home and gotten the film back
20 minutes later.

Well, it was such a wonderful experience seeing a HUGE viewfinder
again and the tactile feel of the shutter-release being able to
slowly squeeze out the shot.  Most of the shots were taken with the
35/shift with a Red-25 and polarizing filters installed.  Those skies
turn inky black when I do that. The rest of the shots were with the
100/2.8.

I spent a few seconds with Joel's E-330 and was very impressed with
that live-view.  "Wow!" is about the most descriptive word that comes
to mind.  I could sense myself starting to want one for myself so I
quickly handed it back to not be tempted further.

Going back to the OM-2S reminded me of what I really love about the
OM system--the sound, the feel, the viewfinder, the OTF metering.
Knowing that my exposures were going to be right, no matter what, is
something that comes through years of experience and slogging through
a lot of tough photographic conditions.

Since my equipment investment in scanners and film bodies is
complete, it makes sense for me to use it.  Film and processing is a
whole lot less expensive than a new digital camera which gives me
only marginal gains.

DDC--Delayed Digital Capture, is the means to really have the best of
both worlds.  I missed my old buddy, the 2S.

AG

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.