[OM] Re: Portrait

Subject: [OM] Re: Portrait
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:17:05 -0800 (PST)
Phil wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback, the extreme channel mix that I used played
> havoc with the skin texture, I applied some smoothing but felt
> that any more may result it the Barbie skin look, I feel I could
> improve on this the next time though.

The "marbleing" in the skin was a little bothersome to me too.  I'm
not sure what coloring you ended up with in the channel-mix, but if I
were to venture a guess, I'd say green or cyan.  I'm an orange, kind
of guy, personally.  When applying an orange filter to B&W film
portraits I get two things happening:  The skin lightens by up to a
full stop and it also tends to cause any skin blemishes and zits to
fade.  It would also reduce that mottling a touch.

Nice portrait, though.  I like the non-smile look for some of the
senior portraits.  The look I aim for is a non-smile with just a hint
of the corners of the mouth going up.  The Mona Lisa look...

AG

http://new.mail.yahoo.com