[OM] Re: E's and mirror lens, was Re: New Person to the group

Subject: [OM] Re: E's and mirror lens, was Re: New Person to the group
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 02:47:25 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Allen

> > So what made the huge difference between the first 4 shots and the last 2
> > shots? I like those quite a bit for various reasos.

Yep, what Moose said, and if someone else with an Exxx doesnt have
any problems with mirror lens, then I need to make sure there isnt
something dodgy with this E-500 ! Although everything else is A1
so far, just all those @#$%ing control's and wierd symbols and
control positions to learn and get use to.

I'm basically using it in Aperture priority mode, some manual,
and yet to figure out the rest. Be nice if the focusing screen
could be swapped for one that makes manual focusing easier
but then thats why Oly have the E1. I've done the same as someone
else has done, and shaved one of my Varimagni Finders to fit the
E500

> First four taken with E-500. Last two taken on film with OM.
>
> That is the thrust of his complaint/warning. We know to date, from Walt,
> that the E-1 doesn't have this problem, nor do my Canyon 300D and 5D. We
> haven't heard from other E-xxx users about their experience with mirror
> lenses.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/