[OM] Re: E500 'must buys'

Subject: [OM] Re: E500 'must buys'
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:44:20 -0600
R.
        I have the ME-1 magnifier on my E-500 and it is a definite
improvement over the stock issue; I just wouldn't call it a *dramatic*
improvement. One caveat; the little sucker has a nasty habit of popping
off. Did that once to me in the camera bag when I grabbed the camera to
run out for a shot. Thought for sure I had lost it.
        I have the Oly FL-36 and am very pleased with it. Helps a lot
with low light focusing.
        I also have two Macro lenses that with which I'm very pleased.
The Zuiko 35/3.5. Difficult to use as a true macro (too close) but very
good for copy work and "close" focus. I very much like it as a walk
around small kit. Sort of like walking around with an 85mm on an OM
body.
        Lastly I have the Sigma (for 4/3) 105/2.8 macro and it is a
sweet lens. Very sharp, good working distance at 1:1 and real
honest-to-god manual focusing. I thought about holding out for Sigma's
150 macro but went with the smaller lens instead and I really like it.

Charlie (resident enabler)