[OM] OT OT The one-day C * R * I * C * K * E * T series

Subject: [OM] OT OT The one-day C * R * I * C * K * E * T series
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:30:15 +1300
Hello all,

I have good reason to believe that for certain persons in this list including
someone with a bad knee, that there will be no appetite for brekkies today.

Cornflakes & milk with fruit; bacon and eggs; toast and tea. Douwe Egberts
'Indulgence' coffee. All will seem insipid. In fact, for an hour or three, life
itself
will seem bitter and devoid of flavour.   Oh dear.

The expression "Whitewash" will seem a particularly nasty one to assail the
eyes and ears.

It's just not possible; how can a nation of merely 4 million persons and 70
million sheep beat a mighty nation of 20 million peoples, countless sheep
and even more kangaroos, at the game of cricket.

They were soundly De feated ( from the Assyrian meaning 'de' = removal of
clay; 'feat' = pedestal; 'ed' =  from the  latin meaning 'ipso facto', ' so it
is
done, and a good job too'.)

Lets face it, they were nearly done for - against hopeless odds. And they
mounted a great score of runs in reply. Not once, but in the whole three
games of the series of limited-over one day games, the Black-caps did it.
        3 - zero.

There must have been something devious; impersonation perhaps?

Not likely; they are, right now, just bloody brilliant.

Unfortunately, at the very time all this excitement was taking place I was
testing a certain Canoscan machine - but my son returned from visiting a
friend and watching the Time Vaster - and came back with the news in the
middle of the night.

For once I had a certain feeling that perhaps I too should have watched the
TV. They never have re-runs of these things, so I'll just have to read about it.

And the de-feated will, in time, get over it, though not without a certain
amount of bad grace. After all, this has been a mighty loss of face.

Americas Cup next ? Again? actually, I don't care.  :-))

Brian