[OM] I free home made gadget for the macro OM enthusiast . . .

Subject: [OM] I free home made gadget for the macro OM enthusiast . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:54:03 EST
Cc: ian@xxxxxxxxxx
OK, again this is free to the first taker, however their is one person who
will be first in line and that is Ian Lowman, with whom I worked a trade for a
bellows in my quest for OM 1 bodies.  So if he wants it, he gets  it.  If he
doesn't then the first person who contacts me with an interest  gets it. Free
means, I'll package and mail it to you for zip, nada, zero . . .  in the USA.
If you are overseas and second in line after Ian, I'll ask you  to throw in a
few pesos to help with the shipping expense.

What I have is a mount which allows for you to move your  bellows/camera/lens
set up to the left or right rather than just forward and  backwards.  It is
home made (not by me) and I would say works rather nicely  and smoothly.   It
is about 5 X 7.5" by about 2 inches tall.   Appears to have been made to use
mounted on a bench or platform (there are holes  on each corner to put a screw
or bolt through to attach it to some flat surface,  but not a tripod.)  The
mechanism which shifts from side to side appears to  me to be made from the
flop
down portion of an old press camera, upon which the  front standard or lens
mount would travel.  This is a slightly crude, but  effective mechanism for
allowing for movement along two axis when using a  bellows.  The bellows
attaches
with two bolts (supplied) in the two  holes in the bottom of the base of the
bellows (yes, there are two tripod holes  there . . . take a look.)

So, if this intrigues you, drop me an email off list and if Ian doesn't  want
it, it will be yours.  I'll post an email when it is gone.

<{8^)  Bill Barber
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.