[OM] Re: 500/8 Zuiko

Subject: [OM] Re: 500/8 Zuiko
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:11:43 -0500
Why it's the perfect, family friendly telescope for planetary viewing.
High contrast (no central obstruction as in other mirror scopes) and no
refracting elements, thus no chromatic aberration.  See the diagram:
<http://telescopemaking.org/schief.html>

The only problem is there are none built commercially that I know of.
If you want one you've got to built it yourself.

Chuck Norcutt