[OM] Re: Bags

Subject: [OM] Re: Bags
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:21:47 -0800
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> The hot new bag.....
>
> http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_product_ArprtAntdt.php

I don't know about hot and new. In what appears to be the same size
range, perhaps a tniy bit smaller, the Canon 200 EG has worked very well
for me for WAY less money. Take off the Canon logo, and it looks like
any old generic backpack, not an expensive camera equipment holder.
Inside, it has a highly adjustable interior of padded separators and a
place for my laptop. Water resistant, but not proof.

And the price is certainly right, $39 with free shipping from Amazon
<http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Deluxe-Backpack-200EG-Cameras/dp/B00009R6TA/sr=8-1/qid=1172099828/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-1577016-3476151?ie=UTF8&s=electronics>.

I think it was $35 when I bought one. I think it is the standout value
for a photo backpack.
> Comparison article:
> http://www.bythom.com/bags.htm

Aaaaah, too many words. :-)
> I use a LowePro MiniTrekker which I like a lot.

And I use a Lowe Photorunner for light kit, which I also like. Too small
for anything but a carefully chosen few items, but just right for that.

Moose