[OM] Re: Hood for 24/2 (Was WTB)

Subject: [OM] Re: Hood for 24/2 (Was WTB)
From: Andrew Wiese <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 04:01:00 -0800 (PST)

Fantastic tip, thanks - mine just arrived today, so I don't know if it needs
modification for the 24/2, but it's more efficient on the 35/2 than the Oly
one, so I'll be getting another one for that.  I also have a clamp-on
Minolta hood for my 85/2 which I like much better than the original Olympus
version.  Why Olympus never made more clamp-on hoods, particularly of the
far more effective rectangular type, is beyond me.

A.

Andrew,

Can I recommend you look for one of the older Konica clamp on hoods. There
is a very pretty rectangular hood intended for 24 & 28mm lenses that is
sized to clamp on a 55mm filter rim. I have been using one for a 35mm f2.0
but I got the tip from someone here who was using it for a 24mm f2.0, though
I don't recall if they need to shave it down in any way. Much cheaper than
the Oly one, I think I paid $5 for my one on eekbay.

Dan S.