[OM] Re: Olympus adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus adapter
From: Alan Wood <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:08:56 -0000
John Duggan wrote:

> Long term aim is to mount Olympus camera to a 1960's Leica
> microscope via a Trinocular head. Once I get the adapter I
> will probably turn up a bush to fit. I will sort out photo
> eyepiece then.....any advice greatfully recieved

If your trinocular head has a standard (approximately 25mm outside diameter)
vertical tube, then you can use the Olympus PM-ADF eyepiece adapter:

<http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/eyepiece-adapters.html#adf>

I am pretty sure that Leica (or Leitz ?) microscopes of that era will need
compensating eyepieces, and so you could try the Olympus FK or NFK 2.5X
eyepieces that are designed for use with the Photomicro Adapter L:

<http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/photo-eyepieces.html#nfk>
<http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/photo-eyepieces.html#fk>

You could try on eBay for 220084931489 or 220084932259.

Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)