[OM] Re: Call for submissions - question on exhibiting

Subject: [OM] Re: Call for submissions - question on exhibiting
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:01:56 EST
In a message dated 2/22/2007 11:42:39 AM Central Standard Time,
alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Are the  photos included in the
portofolio typically the ones accepted for the  exhibit
or do they just want to see a sample of your  work?

You need to ask them, but I would think it would be the work you wanted to
be considered for inclusion in the exhibit.

How
should I submit a portfolio; photos matted or unmated
or on a  CD?

Many want it in relatively low res. digital form.  Ask them?

What is  an artist statement? Is that like
a short bio?

Yes, and some artsy fartsy prose.

Anything  else I should know or do to make
sure my photos are  selected?

Submit your best images that are consistent with the theme of the  exhibit.
Find out who the juror is and give them a bunch of folding  green.  Never mind
on this last suggestion, however the others are OK to  pay attention to.
<[8^)  Bill Barber

http://www.aol.com.