[OM] Re: Isle Royale photos finally webbed out

Subject: [OM] Re: Isle Royale photos finally webbed out
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:43:10 -0800
Joel Wilcox wrote:
> I was shamed by Ag Schnozz last weekend into getting my Isle Royale
> photos from last September's photo adventure webbed out:
>
> http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox

Looks like some nice stuff there. I'll probably see most of it eventually.

But really, no forward and back buttons? Makes my clicker finger and my
eyes tired.

When I go through an album, I tend to move back and forth through the
images. One will make me think about another, and I'll go back and
forth. Your web design, with that separate window that shows whatever
has most recently been clicked on on the main page doesn't even allow
flipping between two browser instances.

And I can't just click on a new thumbnail without first closing the
image window, or the image window is then hidden behind the thumbnail
window. I know you roll your own code, although I don't know why.

What I do know is that. at least for me, you web design detracts from
rather than adding to, your images. YMMV

Wow, I sound like you look in AG's ferry photo. Oh well, I figure those
who don't ask get what they ask for.

Update - I've worked out a way to view that doesn't drive me crazy.
Click on the next thumbnail, then Alt-Tab to get back to the view window.

So now I've wandered through some images - have a new gripe. In Firefox,
horizontal images come up reduced to fit the size of the viewing window,
and pretty darn small. Click on them and they enlarge to their native
size - but the window doesn't get bigger and there is no scroll bar, so
only part of the image is visible. Yeah, does the same thing in IE.

Moose