[OM] Re: : my webpage - need help

Subject: [OM] Re: : my webpage - need help
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:00:36 -0500
Doug Smith wrote:

> They look fine on both Firefox 1.0.6 and Konqueror on Suse 10. whatever. The
> only thing I don't like since I'm on Dial up is that it wants to load every
> slide in the subfolder. If there was many of them it could discourage me from
> exploring the site.

Doug,

Thanks for looking and for the feedback.  As I understand it, the
multiple loading shouldn't slow anything down as the program isn't
downloading all the images in the subfolder at the same time but one at
a time.  As soon as you leave the folder the downloading stops.  The
problem you have I believe is more related to the size of the jpegs.
They are rather large being between 250 and 350k.  I was working with
existing jpegs and when I added the copyright and border the size shot
up.  Using the program's compression at anything under 100% produced
artifacts so for now until I find a solution, I'm stuck with large files.

Richard L