[OM] Re: Personal Robbery Survey, was Re: Bags

Subject: [OM] Re: Personal Robbery Survey, was Re: Bags
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 22:15:35 -0600

>>and in Buenos Aires, I was asked in spanish worse than mine for
>>directions,...
>>
> I think they just speak spanish 'badly' in BA.  Fernando will confirm
> this. Unfortunately this is also where I picked up the language.:)

Two things entirely. The people who asked for directions, greatly
embarrased, were 'muricans. Remember, I'm light complected, and in '99 when
we were there, still had a hint of red left in my hair. My wife, however, is
dark haired with a darker skin.

What they speak in BA is spanish that has had the bad effects of too many
Germans. There are parts of it that are closer to German than Spanish,
although they still don't make big words of smaller ones.

Insert Nazi refugee jokes here.

Bill Pearce