[OM] Re: Isle Royale photos finally webbed out

Subject: [OM] Re: Isle Royale photos finally webbed out
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:42:14 -0800
Joel Wilcox wrote:
> On 2/22/07, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Whoa, Moose, please don't take my remarks personally.
Are you now walking with a slightly rolling gait, what with one leg
longer than the other?
> I'm sorry but I
> don't have any impression whatsoever of your galleries or how many
> images they contain.  When you post something, I look at it with
> interest, but I'm just focused on the photos and I move on.  I've
> looked at a ton of photos by great folks on the list and I have almost
> no lasting impression of what they have going web-wise.  That's just
> me.

Ah, clear enough. I'm different that way. I tend to recall a fair amount
about images posted by many regulars. Not intentional. As you say, just me.
> Some people seem to like Flickr.  I can't stand it.
I too dislike Flickr. The interface is way too busy, the default image
size too small and I think far more images look good against a dark
background than white.

It's seems to be as much or more about social networking as about
photography. But it appears many people enjoy it there, and that can't
be bad, in the larger, non-photographic sense. Doesn't do anything for
me, though. But then, I'm not a YouTuber either.
> I look at one photo if the link goes properly to it and then I go away.  I
> feel like I'm standing at the threshold of a vortex of web goo.
My boots are a little better than yours, but not much.
> This ain't about you.

Never thought so. No offense meant and none taken. It's just that
sometimes my tongue senses an opening, sticks itself firmly in my cheek,
and takes over. Sorry about that, at least a little. ;-)

Peace to you too,
   Moose