[OM] Re: Monopod or tripod

Subject: [OM] Re: Monopod or tripod
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:41:37 -0800 (PST)
> With vibration reduction I am finding less use for a monopod. They
> both seem to operate well in the same range of speeds.

Heartbeat interval.

Where the monopod has a slight advantage is when waiting for
something to happen.  VR is great when your time interval between
framing and shooting is just a few seconds, but when you need to
setup and hold a position for more than a few seconds, the monopod is
nice as it bears the weight of the outfit.

The fact of life for me is that the image-stabilization in my Minolta
A1 really works and it works very well.  But amazingly enough, I can
get as good of results with my E-1 without any form of
image-stabilization. Strange.

AG