[OM] Re: Monopod or tripod

Subject: [OM] Re: Monopod or tripod
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:55:04 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I bought a Manfdotto monopod several years ago because I got a good deal
> on it.  But I've only ever used it once.
I have a couple of monopods, a Leki hiking stick with tripod thread
under the compass on the top, and a fairly substantial Velbon.

I used to use the Leki fairly often, but have hardly done so since
acquiring the lightweight Velbon 343e tripod. I sometimes use it fully
extended and ready to go, like a hiking stick, a bit awkward, but not
bad, one that just happens to open out into a real tripod.

With a little downward pressure, it is really amazingly steady and useful.

Moose