[OM] Re: Isle Royale photos finally webbed out

Subject: [OM] Re: Isle Royale photos finally webbed out
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 06:45:59 +0000
I'm late to seeing your Isle Royale photos, Joel, but thanks for
going to the trouble of displaying this lovely place.  Again, I felt
that I should really like to have been there.

I left it a bit because I wanted to take some time to look through
the photos of this (now legendary, thanks to your expedition ;-))
place.  It's a shame the the photos on Google Earth are not very
detailed but I managed to find out a bit more about the place using
Wikipedia in conjunction with GE.

I liked many of the images, including the colours of the foliage, the
lakes and flowers, but my favourite is the one of the trail winding
away into the forest.  It is a hopeful image in its composition; the
light in the trees and foliage make it cheerful but there is enough
colour to give variety.

I note what you wrote in response to Moose's gripes but I do suggest
that you give your images a frame or background when they pop-up.
You see, you have them laid out in thumbnails on a dark background
which sets them off nicely.  But then you look at the larger image
without any background ...

Chris

~~ >-)-
C M I Barker