[OM] Re: Elcheepo radio flash triggers -- Dr Flash, please

Subject: [OM] Re: Elcheepo radio flash triggers -- Dr Flash, please
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 23:42:00 -0800
Conventional slave triggers detect the flash of light from your main
flash. You may have your remote flashes where they won't be in the
path of the light from your strobe (up high or even in a different
room for example). The radio signals can go through walls and the
transmitter is less directional than the camera flash, so it is easier
to place the remote flashes and be sure they will be triggered.

Working with pre-flash isn't a simple question. Quantum makes RF
slaves that work with many different types of cameras' pre-flash but
not all.  I believe some of the optical slaves were made so that they
would ignore the preflash. I haven't looked at enough cheap radio
slaves to know if they make similar claims.

-jeff