[OM] Re: OT colonoscopy

Subject: [OM] Re: OT colonoscopy
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 01:26:40 -0800
> From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
>
> Nothing is free. There are just different ways of paying. All the
> health
> care systems have problems of one kind or another.

Perhaps, but it seems an overriding indicator of dysfunction that the
US spends 16% of its gross domestic product on health care, and the
NEAREST ones only spend about 7%! (There's a fairly tight cluster of
Canada, Germany, Japan, and Sweden spending 6.5% to 7.5% of GDP on
health care.)

Sure, all health care systems have their problems. But I'd opt for
one that has less than 1/2 the per-capita cost any day.

US health care: "it might be expensive, but at least it's slow,
inefficient, and only serves the upper 80%!"

:::: The next-to-the last time the world saw a one-party democracy
was Nazi Germany. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::