[OM] Re: Macro lighting

Subject: [OM] Re: Macro lighting
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 08:21:06 -0800
That is exactallly what I ma  looking for.... at about 1/3rd the price. With
the name I might be able to get one of the camera shops in town to tell me
over the phone if he has them, the fella is more like a broken record, I
can't recall if he has had anything yet I have been able to purchase from
him.

He always says 'I've never heard of that' smiles, turns his back and walks
away all in one motion. He supplies the local universities so he isn't
hurting for business but that sure gets tiring dropping ideas into a black
hole.

He's still trying to get his head around the reverse macro ring idea, I've
shown it to him but he is so stunned each time all he can say is 'I've never
seen that', 'I don't know where to get one' and continues with his famous
turn his back and walks away......... so I assume it is merely a defensive
habit and nothing personal, so I persist in trying to pour at least some of
my camera money back into my own community.

The other camera shop which does get my pittance of camera moula doesn't
have this, I looked when I was there Thursday, Dick understands the idea so
I got to use his creative juices in the department of 'have you tried this?'
which is fun to do with someone else who is familiar with all the gidgets
and gadgets. Maybe I'll be bale to do this before he closes tonight.